fourTheorem took part in setting up the second Cork AI meet-up. This meet-up started off with a presentation from guest speaker Alison O’Shea of INFANT center, UCC on her work using deep learning for analysis of brain-waves (EEG) of newborn infants. Followed by a tutorial by Keelin Murphy on how to implement deep learning modules with the Keras framework.
Video of Alison's Presentation
In the second part of the evening we continued with some hands-on coding, refreshing memories on the convolutional neural network we implemented in the last session and illustrating how we can simplify the coding for this using the Keras framework (https://keras.io/).
"From TensorFlow to Keras”
Details of Meet-up
- We used Amazon web-services (AWS) to access GPU compute power for the hands-on coding.
- It was necessary to have ssh installed – on Windows we recommended the putty client ( http://www.putty.org/ )
- If you didn’t attend either of the hands-on sessions you might want to get a flavor of the evening by watching the videos (links below), working through the tutorial ( https://github.com/CorkAI/Meetup1/ ), or walking through the slides ( http://slides.com/keelinm/deeplearning1 and http://slides.com/keelinm/convnets )
Previous Cork AI Meetup Videos
- Introduction to deep learning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx6AEi7FWfU&t=1s
- Introduction to convolutional neural networks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh59sv4SyLc&feature=youtu.be
- Introduction to TensorFlow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDvSLOlN2iA&t=8s
- Footage from hands-on tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfnFb4r5nWQ&t=1s
To share your thoughts, or to speak to a member of the fourTheorem team, get in touch today.