Learn to do it right the first time.
- Training is delivered by two fourTheorem Senior Architects.
- On-site, in-person workshop 10-15 participants.
- Hands-on, interactive sessions focused on building working software.
- Training collateral and source code fully available to participants.
- Reasonable changes to the programme schedule can be made to meet specific requirements.
AWS Enterprise Best Practices
Audience – Operations teams, IT administrators
- Understand the best practices that will set your AWS organisation up for security, compliance and productivity
- Establish secure and easy-to-understand methods of providing AWS access to multiple users and groups
- Get off on the right foot with a secure, scalable and performant network that integrates into existing networks and other AWS accounts
- Understand security considerations and tooling to stay on top of threats and breaches
- Know how to establish configuration management to get oversight of all AWS resources and use CloudTrail to monitor and query changes to infrastructure
- AWS Organisations
- Multi-account networking
- Auditing with CloudTrail
- Security fundamentals
- Compliance rules
AWS Development Fundamentals
Audience – Development teams, DevOps teams and solutions architects
- Know how to create entire applications using Infrastructure as Code
- Understand Terraform, CloudFormation, where to use both and how to manage them in a consistent, modular way
- Putting observability into every application on AWS and using AWS services to monitor, troubleshoot and prevent issues including cost and billing issues!
- Establish good practices for managing credentials with SSO, IAM, cross-account access and elevated privileges
- Understand the trade-offs between AWS native CI/CD services and GitHub Actions or other third-party services
- Working with multiple accounts and environments
- Infrastructure as Code – CloudFormation and Terraform
- Identity and Access Management (IAM), how it works and how to make it work for productive development
- Managing credentials for productivity without compromising security
- Observability with CloudWatch Logs, Alarms, Metrics and Insights
- Cost management; tagging, cost explorer and budgets
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions with AWS, CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Development tooling
Full-stack Serverless Development on AWS with Node.js
Audience – Software development teams, including backend and frontend engineers
We also offer a variant of this training programme aimed for Python developers
- Be able to understand and contribute to frontend (React), backend (Node.js) and cloud deployments (AWS with CDK)
- Get people comfortable with the fundamentals and make them able to continue the journey on their own
See what the NN Group had to say about this training.
- Node.js tooling and ecosystem
- Callbacks, Promises and async/await
- Serverless development on AWS
- AWS CDK and SAM
- API Gateway
- Troubleshooting with CloudWatch Logs Insights
- Frontend development with React
- Building an example e-commerce application
Development on AWS
Audience – Software development teams, both backend and frontend engineers
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all the key AWS services for sending events within and across applications
- Understand constraints, performance and delivery semantics for every service
- Know how to integrate services like SQS, SNS, EventBridge and Kinesis to other AWS services, including S3, Lambda, Step Functions, EC2 and ECS
- Understand how to build a cross-domain event backbone for your organisation and how to resist tight-coupling while building-in consistency and maintainability into your message flows
- Get comfortable tracing and tracking missing or failed events in development or production workflows
- Message and event patterns
- Event buses, pub/sub and point-to-point channels
- Performance characteristics, delivery guarantees and limits
- Error handling, monitoring, dead letter queues and redelivery
- Kafka and MSK
- Creating a cross-account event backbone
- Internal application events
- Event structure, schemas and validation
- Integrating events to other AWS services
- Logging, monitoring and troubleshooting for event-driven applications
Migrating to a data lakehouse and data analytics in AWS
Audience – Development teams, Data teams and solutions architects
- Get a deep understanding of the key AWS services used for data storage, querying and transformation
- Understand which service is best suited to each scenario
- Understand the cost implications of a real-time v batch ETL job
- Know how to integrate services like S3, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions and Athena to create an end-to-end data platform
- Create dashboards and Machine Learning models
- Creating a Data lakehouse on Amazon S3 (storage)
- AWS Athena for querying data in the Data lakehouse
- Using AWS Glue for event-based ETL
- Data ingestion using batch (upload to S3 / SFTP) and real-time (API Gateway, Transfer Family, Lambda)
- Build a scheduled task to move data from an on-premise database to AWS.
- Building dashboards using Power B.I. or Quicksight
- ETL pipelines using AWS Step Functions.
- Alerting, monitoring and observability of workloads
- Using AWS managed A.I. services
- Creating and deploying machine-learning models
Audience – Custom needs for a specific audience
Work with us to craft a bespoke training that
addresses your most important needs.
See us in action
We regularly speak at meet-ups and conferences on the application of AI and machine learning. Check out some of our talks.
AWS Advanced Tier Consulting Partner
We are AWS MAP-compliant.
With Serverless expertise.
Blog & News
The future is always changing. We'll keep you there.
Check out our latest observations and insights into where it’s all going.