Amazon ECS Delivery
ECS Cost Optimisation
Amazon ECS is a free-to-use service however resources used by your containers can rack up significant costs if not architected properly.
fourTheorem can optimise resource usage and reduce your ECS costs by leveraging the following:
- EC2 Spot Instances – Allow you to use excess compute capacity in the AWS cloud (unused Ec2 instances) at a 90% discount from on-demand instances.
- Fargate Spot – Similar to EC2 spot instances, ECS runs on Fargate Spot, letting you save up to 70% of the regular on-demand price.
- ECS Autoscaling – Automatically increases or decreases the capacity for ECS containers. Ensuring that services are not scaling up and down unnecessarily will help save costs.
- Tagging ECS elements – Use tags to categorise your Amazon ECS resources, this will allow you to identify orphaned or underutilised resources and analyse the cost and usage of each.
- Multiple load balancer target groups – This feature allows you to attach one ECS service to multiple target groups and cut costs by consolidating services.